Wednesday, July 16

"umm...so how does this work?"


My first ever post! I'm not sure if I'm doing this exactly right, but I'm sure Jessica will tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong. So, since this is my first post I thought I would start it out with a lighthearted and somewhat humorous pregnancy story. I like to title this story "Peaches." About 3 weeks ago, I started getting the whole morning sickness (more like all day sickness) deal. One day as Matt and I were driving back to our house I suddenly felt the whole can of peaches I had just consumed start to creep back up out of my stomach. I told matt to pull over and I proceeded to "discard" my peaches. Thinking that I was finished with business Matt started driving again. All of a sudden panic hit me as I felt round #2 coming. I reached for the door but found that it was locked. It was then that I put my hand up to my mouth, which at the time seemed like a good idea. Seconds later and explosion of peaches came through my fingers covering me and the dashboard. To the left of me I hear my supportive husband say, "Whoa!" Not knowing what to do with myself I start to cry and tell Matt not to look at me for fear that he might never look at me the same. We make it home peaches and all. Later on, I finally find the humor in it all and Matt tells me that the whole way home it took all he had not to bust out laughing. Now, most of you will find this story extremely gross and I did too at the time, but the more I think about it the more I realize something. God knows that as women we will endure some not so pleasant times during our pregnancies, but I think God gave Matt and I that story to help lighten things up. It helps me remember that all the sickness, emotions and pain is so incredibly worth the end result. So, this post could be the first and last post you read of mind depending on your gag reflex. Don't worry though my post won't always be about being sick...I hope ; )

3 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Good post and your blog looks great! I can't wait to hear more stories. You do know that I'm secretly happy that someone else finally joined the barf club with me, don't you?

Hope the nausea subsides soon. Love you!

Unknown said...

so... must say "peaches" is my favorite story... it cracks me up. I'm glad you were able to find some funniness in it later on... cuz' it's pretty gross!!!

I can't wait for Baby Bryant!!!

Love you!

gk said...

You just make me giggle! :)