Thursday, July 17

Sleep?...Not So Much


In my past life, approximately 3 months ago, I would say that one of my favorite things to do would be to curl up in my warm soft bed and cuddle up with Matt and Yoda. As soon as my head hit the pillow I would be out and wouldn't move the whole night. I was an extremely deep sleeper. Now let's fast forward 3 months into present time. My bedtime routine now consist of tossing and turning to try and get comfortable, frequent bathroom visits and rearranging Yoda so he will stop snoring. Yoda is probably my #1 annoyance when it comes to sleeping right now. My precious puppy has always sawed logs like a 300 lb man, but for some reason I'm much more sensitive to it now. It seems that every time I get in the perfect position and have finally started to drift off to sleep I'm jolted awake by this 11 lb ball of fur. The first few times this happens I give him a nice warning shake. The shaking for the most part doesn't work, so I have to then result to reshaping his body hoping that will loosen whatever is stuck in his nasal passage. My last result is to pull as hard I can on the covers and sigh very loudly in hopes to wake Matt up so he too can participate in the suffering. All hopes of getting a good night's sleep is out the window at this point as Matt pulls the covers back, turns over and begins snoring in unison with Yoda. I think I might be investing in some ear plugs in the very near future.

4 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Nothing, let me repeat, NOTHING drives me more nutso than snoring! Let me know if the ear plugs work.

Only Servants Ministries said...

YOU HAVE A BLOG! Gee Golly- thanks for letting e find it myself!
I'm excited! You better be posting your belly pics when you get one... so I feel like I'm there!
Love you!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're "men" are snorers!! If you ever get REALLY sick of it, come have a sleep over with me...my bed's rpetty comfy...and I don't snore!!

Love you!

Lindsey Broere said...

OKAY...so I just NOW found your blog :-)

Brittany...bless your heart. For some reason, sleeping during pregnancy is SO hard...you'd think as exhausted as you get, sleep would come easy. I am so sorry! I think I invested in three different types of lavender body wash, some linen spray...and maybe even lotion as a last resort. I think it helped, but I can't really remember...

I'm dying to hear how your business is going!