Sunday, July 27

Hormones On The Loose

I know I haven't blogged in awhile, but I've been a little distracted with Matt leaving for Romania with the youth. Anyone who knows me knows that I am petrified of flying and even more scared of people I love (i.e. Matt) flying, especially LONG distances. Before Matt left the pregnancy hormones were in full gear. Everything Matt said triggered my tear ducts. The day before Matt left we decided to spend the whole day together cuddling on the couch and watching movies. Actually, we cuddled for like 30 minutes and the rest of the time we set on opposite sides of the couch. We all know Matt's not the cuddling kind. Anyways, we ended up watching a movie about a guy who started selling drugs to support his family, but his plan backfired because he ended up going to jail for life. His daughter was so mad at him that she never came to visit him. I know it was the "feel good" movie of the year...not. Well after the movie was over we both felt very uplifted and took a time out on the movie watching. About five minutes later I look over at Matt with worry in my eyes and ask with all seriousness, "Have you ever thought about selling drugs?" He looks at me and says, "Seriously?" I precede to go into a rant about how I never won't him to feel that he has to sell drugs to make money for us. By this point I'm crying pretty hard and finally get him to promise me that he'll never sell drugs. It's crazy because during our conversation I remember thinking "I'm being completely rational. This is a very serious concern. This could happen." About an hour later I finally realize that I was being pretty ridiculous and Matt and I had a good laugh about it.

So, that's my funny story for the week. I'm doing better a lot better than I thought with Matt being gone. I've realized that I have the most important job of all and that's praying for him and the group and the lives that they will touch. I know that he is where God wants him to be right now and I'm so proud of him for doing so. Another thing that has been so evident in just the couple days he's been gone is that I have some AMAZING friends. I don't show or tell them enough how much they mean to me. For example, on Saturday I had a yard sale with my family. It wasn't a big deal, it was just something to distract me, get junk out of my house and of course make some extra cash. During the sale Sarah stopped by to give me some much needed comedy relief, which doesn't seem big but I think she knew it was something I really needed. A couple of hours later Amy calls and leaves a me message telling me that she was thinking about me and wanted to see how I was doing. It was a simple message, but much needed. About 30 minutes later Jessica calls to see how the sale went. All three of these incidents got me thinking about how incredibly blessed I am. God definitely knew what He was doing when He put my friends in my life. I think we all compliment each other so well and in so many different ways. My prayer is that I'm am able to be the kind of friend they are to me.

2 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

You are an amazing friend, I mean that tender card made me sit in my driveway and tear up. I am so, so, so, so, so blessed by you. If Matt ever did go to jail for drugs, we'd find a way to bust him out. What are friends for?

Unknown said...

I don't think matt will sell drugs...and if he does, I'd totally help you and Jessica bust him out :)

I love you Brittany... a whole lot. I'm definitely missing my grace (shh... don't tell her i like her!!) I'll call you sometime this week so we can hang out and miss our people together... and laugh :)

Love you bunches!!