Thursday, October 23

Pregnant Brain (by Matt Bryant)

I am writing this on behalf of my wife whose brain has slowly become less focused over the past few weeks. A symptom that we will refer to as 'pregnant brain.' Pregnant brain seems to manifest itself in much the same way as what some people refer to as a person who is a dumb blonde. This does not affect complex problem solving or even the ability to preform advanced physics calculations. However, it only affects the most simple and common sense situations. Here are a few examples.

1. Burma Bombing - My wife and I where watching TV when we came across a news channel with the following subtitle on the screen: "Burma Bombing - 25 years later." My wife, obviously suffering from Pregnant Brain looks at me and asked. "Who is Burma Bombing?" As if there where a new presidential candidate she hadn't heard about.

2. Odd Questions - A few nights ago my wife and I where lying in bed talking and my wife ask. "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the opposite sex?" "No" I responded using my most masculine voice. "Yea, me neither." she said back.

3. Complete sentences - As we where watching game 1 of the world series the announcer commented on fans who where using cowbells to help cheer on their team. Apparently the word 'Cowbell' triggers enthusiasm from pregnant women. I assume that my wife had intend to pose the question. "Why do they have cowbells?" instead this is what came out.
"Why...um...bells...ua...with...the Iraq...cow...bells...why...why...they have....bells?"

More to come later.

8 comments:

gk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gk said...

So I'm just saying, Brittland.. It's weird that Matt doesn't even update his RF*SM blog very often, but he updates your blog for you. Strange.. But anyway.. You make me laugh. And I love you! :)

The Beaver Bunch said...

And these comments are specific to her pregnancy? Hummmmm.....

Brittany Bryant said...

Hey Jess what's that suppose to mean?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm with Beaver, how is this different than how she acted before she was pregnant??

Sarah

Unknown said...

"Why...um...bells...ua...with...the Iraq...cow...bells...why...why...they have....bells?"


haha.. I've read that about ten times... and I laugh still... (reads again)

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahha...

I love you guys :D

Anonymous said...

I literally was in my room...alone...laughing out loud. I miss you, sissy. And Matt & Yoda, too.

Ashley

The Beaver Bunch said...

Q: "Recent polls have shown that 1/5 of Americans cannot locate the US on a world map. Why do you think that is?"

A: "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because uh, some-ah, people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as South Africa and uh, the Iraq everywhere, like, such as and I believe that they should, uh, our education over HERE! in the U.S. should help the U.S. uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for our children."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WALIARHHLII

You're welcome.